MTE-THOMSON’s history begins with the name of MTE – Metalúrgica Termo-Elétrica in 1957, together with the creation of the automotive industry in Brazil.
With much dedication and courage the company won its place as one of the main Brazilian suppliers of auto parts.
In 1975, through a joint venture with Thomson International Co., the production of thermostats was introduced. Since them,MTE established itself as a specialist in products for engine temperature control.
In 1990 MTE-THOMSON started researching the technology for automotive ceramics, later becoming the only manufacturer in Latin America of PTC and NTC thermistors and Lambda Sensors.
Today, after 200 million parts produced and more than 3.000 items, MTE-THOMSON has one of the most complete temperature control and engine management product lines,selling for both OEM and aftermarket customers in more than 100 countries worldwide.